Ref : SCM_Tr1.3
This course is aimed at project managers, configuration managers, integrators, and manufacturing managers.
This training enables configuration managers to effectively implement ClearCase UCM (Unified Change Management) in their development environment (Windows or Unix/Linux) and with the major version of ClearCase in use: 8.x or 9.x
- Basic knowledge of ClearCase and/or ClearCase UCM.
- Or Training SCM_Tr1.2 : “Mastering the basics of Rational ClearCase” recommended
Implement Rational ClearCase Unified Change Management (UCM) on your projects
Create and configure your projects
Strengthen your process by implementing UCM rules
Integrate, build and maintain software in a parallel development environment
Software Configuration Management (SCM) concepts
- Configuration Management and Integration with Change Management
- Concepts of using Configuration and Change Management
Rational ClearCase Architecture Overview
- Reminder of Rational ClearCase features
- Configuration items
Reminder on UCM Concepts
- Activities and Change Sets
- Baseline and Promotion
- Deliver and Rebase
Organisation of developments
- Define the architecture of your software in terms of VOBs and components
- Define the naming rules
- Define the stream tree and the use of views
- Define the strategy for using baselines
- Define the strategy for using UCM rules/policies
- Define change management process
Principles of use under UCM
- Setting up a UCM project
- Maintain existing projects
- Adding a component to a project, deleting, locking objects
- Use triggers
- Follow the evolution of projects
- View and compare baselines,
- Using ClearQuest charts and reports
- Using the ClearCase report wizard
- Build and use baselines
- Use ClearCase’s controlled manufacturing capabilities
- Use Rational ClearCase UCM in a multi-project environment
Demonstrations and exercises will complete each chapter of the course.
- A training aid will be provided in paper format to each trainee
- A training room with a video projector, a whiteboard and 1 PC per trainee
- A virtual machine under Virtual Box will be installed on the training machines to carry out the practical exercises
2 days (the content can also be adapted according to the technological context and the level of knowledge of the trainees).
- The training can be provided both face-to-face and remotely
- The training can take place on an inter-company or intra-company basis
More information ?
Please contact us on +33(0)2 85 29 43 44 or by email : email@example.com for a quote.
The training activity of ABlogiX is "registered under number 52 72 01527 72. This registration is not equivalent to State approval", in accordance with Article L6322-48.