Ref : SCM_Tr2.2
This course is aimed at project managers, configuration managers, integrators, and manufacturing managers.
This course enables configuration managers to effectively implement VersionVault Basic (without the UCM process overlay) in their development environment (Windows or Unix/Linux) and with the major version of VersionVault in use: 8.x or 9.x
- Knowledge of the Windows or Linux environment and online commands.
- Implementing HCL Vault Base Version on your projects
- Create and configure your projects
- Create and configure ConfigSpecs to follow the defined branch strategy
- Strengthen your process by implementing Triggers
Software Configuration Management (SCM) concepts
- Configuration items (sci)
The basic objects of Rational / ClearCase
- Notion of Vob
- Notion of views: dynamic – snapshot view
- The different types of managed elements
- Configuration specification
- Access to elements
- Underlying process
General presentation of the interfaces
- Preparation of the environment
- Line interface
- Graphical interface
- Checkin / checkout
- Parallel and concurrent access
- Search and comparison tools
- Events and history
- Version and directory management
Production management with Clear Make / Omake
- Management of derivative projects (do’s)
- Sharing binaries
- Confing record audits
- Advanced manufacturing of ClearMake / Omake
- Wink-in, scrubbing, …
- Parallel and distributed manufacturing
Dynamic views / Snapshot views, Branch management
- Branch policy
- Automatic creation of branches
Versioning management, Use of meta-data
Demonstrations and exercises will complete each chapter of the course.
- A paper copy of the training material will be provided to each trainee
- A training room with a video-projector, a whiteboard and 1 PC per trainee
- A VirtualBox installation on each PC
- A virtual machine under Virtual Box will be installed on the training machines to carry out the practical exercises
2 days (the content can also be adapted according to the technological context and the level of knowledge of the trainees).
- The training can be provided both face-to-face and remotely
- The training can take place on an inter-company or intra-company basis
More information ?
Please contact us on + 33(0)2 85 29 43 43 or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
The training activity of ABlogiX is "registered under number 52 72 01527 72.
This registration is not equivalent to State approval", in accordance with Article L6322-48.