Ref : SCM_Tr2.3
This course is aimed at project managers, configuration managers, integrators, and manufacturing managers.
This course enables configuration managers to effectively implement VersionVault UCM (Unified Change Management) in their development environment (Windows or Unix / Linux) and with the major version of VersionVault in use: 2.1
- Basic knowledge of VersionVault and/or VersionVault UCM.
- Or SCM_Tr2.2 Training : “Mastering the basics of HCL VersionVault” recommended
- Implement HCL VersionVault Unified Change Management (UCM) on your projects
- Create and configure your projects
- Strengthen your process by implementing UCM rules
- Integrate, build and maintain software in a parallel development environment
Software Configuration Management (SCM) concepts
- Configuration Management and Integration with Change Management
- Concepts of using Configuration and Change Management
HCL VersionVault Architecture Overview
- HCL VersionVault Feature Overview
- Configuration items
Reminder on UCM Concepts
- Activities and Change Sets
- Baseline and Promotion
- Deliver and Rebase
Organisation of developments
- Define the architecture of your software in terms of VOBs and components
- Define the naming rules
- Define the stream tree and the use of views
- Define the strategy for using baselines
- Define the strategy for using UCM rules/policies
- Define change management process
Principles of use under UCM
- Setting up a UCM project
- Maintain existing projects
- Adding a component to a project, deleting, locking objects
- Use triggers
- Follow the evolution of projects
- View and compare baselines,
- Using COMPAS graphs and reports
- Using the VersionVault report wizard
- Build and use baselines
- Use VersionVault’s controlled manufacturing capabilities
- Use VersionVault UCM in a multi-project environment
Demonstrations and exercises will complete each chapter of the course.
- A training aid will be provided in paper format to each trainee
- A training room with a video projector, a whiteboard and 1 PC per trainee
- A virtual machine under Virtual Box will be installed on the training machines to carry out the practical exercises
2 days (the content can also be adapted according to the technological context and the level of knowledge of the trainees).
- The training can be provided both face-to-face and remotely
- The training can take place on an inter-company or intra-company basis
More information ?
Please contact us on + 33(0)2 85 29 43 44 or by email : email@example.com for a quote.
The training activity of ABlogiX is "registered under number 52 72 01527 72. This registration is not equivalent to State approval", in accordance with Article L6322-48.